We haven’t covered imaging and vision much on Manufacturing Happy Hour, so we thought it was time that changed.
This week, we are talking to Greg Hollows, Vice President, Product Strategy at Edmund Optics, who discusses his various roles at Edmund Optics, where he has worked for over two decades. He also looks at the ways imaging has changed since he got started and provides some unmissable advice on succeeding in the industry.
Greg gives us so much food for thought in this episode, it’s one you don’t want to miss!
Make sure to visit ManufacturingHappyHour.com for detailed show notes and a full list of resources mentioned in this episode. Stay Innovative, Stay Thirsty.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Automation and robots will collaborate with us in our homes
- Advancements in imaging and automation will continue to change the world
- Greg’s advice is to be willing to fail, find role models in the industry and continually ask for feedback
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “What we do here at Edmund is changing the world.”
- “Imaging is just like a portfolio when you’re doing investment. You have risky things, you have stable things.”
- “You need to be connected to the industry. You need to understand the customer’s applications and you need to understand where things are going.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
The Vision Show is the top machine vision and imaging show in the US. Hosted by A3, the Association for Advancing Automation, taking place Octoboer 11-13, 2022. Click here to join us in Boston.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Greg
- What an optics company does
- Greg’s career from the very start
- Why Greg pursued imaging as a career
- What imaging was like when Greg got started
- The role imaging plays in automation today
- What applications and industries are primed for vision solutions
- If it can work for both small and large companies
- How Greg makes career decisions
- Greg’s most challenging work situations
- Top tips from Greg on succeeding in imaging and vision
- Jackson Hole – a mountain resort overlooking the Grand Teton National Park in Teton County, Wyoming
- Edmund Optics – a global manufacturer and supplier of optics, imaging and photonics technology based in Barrington, NJ
Connect with Greg and Edmund Optics