“A platform for communities to invest in their best and brightest” …that’s how this week’s guest describes the company he works for. Sounds great, right?
We invited Cole Shearer, Vice President – Skills Accelerator at gener8tor, to join Manufacturing Happy Hour this week. In this episode, he outlines his career to date, what he does at gener8tor, and provides some top tips for startup founders.
Cole explains the struggles of the talent shortage in the cybersecurity space and breaks down how the gener8tor program helps job seekers find work. We hear a little about how gener8tor has evolved since Cole joined the team, and he also describes what his ideal organization to work with would look like.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- gener8tor strives to provide a platform for communities to invest in their best and brightest.
- You should be willing to take risks if you really want a fulfilling career.
- There is a shortage yet a growing need for cybersecurity talent.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “If someone wants to make a change in their career and they have the aptitude and willingness to go through a program, they’re probably fit for ours.”
- “There are hundreds of thousands of open cybersecurity roles right now across the country. And the amount of actual potential talent to fill those positions is very limited.”
- “Our cybersecurity program is set up as a 10-week program that will be able to support participants and make sure that they’re able to take the next stage of their career.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Audible is the world’s largest library of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment. Get a FREE audiobook when you sign up at audibletrial.com/happyhourpod.
Concept Systems Inc. is an independent systems integrator and your automation solution partner for anything from antiquated control system retrofits to greenfield controls coordination and project management. Learn more about them on Episode 7 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Cole
- All about Cole’s early career
- Why startup founders should take risks
- How gener8tor helps jobseekers into work
- How gener8tor’s skills accelerator program works
- Why gener8tor teamed up on a Microsoft initiative
- How gener8tor has changed in recent years
- Why there’s a growing need for cybersecurity talent
- gener8tor, an accelerator platform that offers over 75 programs such as startup and skills accelerators, fellowships and conferences to startup founders, corporations and job seekers.
- Bar 18, Indianapolis
Connect with Cole