We’ve not covered medical device manufacturing on the show, so we thought this would be a great time to delve into it.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we talk to Natalia Mendez, VP Head of Manufacturing Medical Devices at Philips. Natalia has lots of great insights into her industry and provides expert advice for those in the medical space and manufacturers in general.
Natalia explains the importance of meeting customers’ needs and dispels myths and misunderstandings around her industry. Plus, she explains why manufacturers should use data to solve and prevent future customer problems.
There’s so much to unpack, this is a must-listen for any Manufacturing Happy Hour fan!
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- It’s vital to put the product in the customers’ hands in a timely manner
- Manufacturers should use data, so they know what product to prioritize next
- It’s crucial to involve end-to-end experts in the manufacturing process
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “If you don’t involve end-to-end experts, when you are thinking about a new product, something will break in the chain.”
- “Never forget that, in order for a customer or a patient to use the product, you have to put that product physically in their hands in a timely manner.”
- “There are some countries that will not allow products that are manufactured in a specific country. So, you also have to have that in mind when you set up your manufacturing footprint.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
The 13th Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit is taking place October 11-12, 2022 in Houston, Texas. Listen to this episode for a discount code to this year’s event. Register today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Natalia Mendez
- How Natalia got started in medical device manufacturing
- What makes medical device manufacturing unique
- Why it’s important for manufacturers to keep evidence of what they’ve done
- Misconceptions about Natalia’s space
- Why involve end-to-end experts in manufacturing
- How to improve your resilience and performance
- How to meet customers’ needs
- The importance of being ready to put the product in users’ hands
- Whether medical device manufacturing differs around the world
- About the importance of understanding markets and regional agencies
- Manufacturing Strategies Summit, packed with key industry speakers discussing a range of topics from developing and rolling out a robust R&D strategy, to streamlining business and operational processes
- Philips, a focused leader in health technology. Their purpose is to improve people’s health and well-being through meaningful innovation
Connect with Natalia