Marketing, manufacturing, and remote work – we cover a lot of ground in this episode featuring Adar Hay, Co-Founder and CEO of Jiga.io.
Jiga helps manufacturing companies centralize their supplier sourcing, and Adar explains how the idea for the company first came about. We hear how Jiga has a refreshingly modern approach to marketing and why Adar decided to start a podcast to learn more about potential users.
Adar also explains the reasoning behind his remote-first team, and why for remote working to be effective, it needs to be rooted in the company culture. He also talks about the number one benefit of remote work – being able to hire anyone in world, not just those in your local area.
Apple | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- There’s a lack of more casual and human-focused marketing in the industrial sector – something that Jiga wants to change.
- Podcasting can be a great way to understand your current and potential customer base (without outright selling to them).
- Remote work is all about trust. And because you can pick talent from anywhere in the world, you can compile the best team for your business.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “People want to connect with people. Being honest, upfront, and talking about challenges is very important, as well as sharing things from a human perspective of me as the CEO.”
- “When you’re building a product, especially something new, you always have to talk to your customers. You want to talk to people in your industry about their problems and about their needs.”
- “Remote teams are more of an attitude. It’s not just about working remotely, it’s cultural. You need to fully trust the people that you work with.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Audible is the world’s largest library of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment. Get a FREE audiobook when you sign up at audibletrial.com/happyhourpod.
Concept Systems Inc. is an independent systems integrator and your automation solution partner for anything from antiquated control system retrofits to greenfield controls coordination and project management. Learn more about them on Episode 7 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Adar
- Adar’s thoughts on underrated marketing strategies
- Why Jiga uses more human-focused marketing
- Why Adar started a podcast for Jiga
- How he measures content marketing success
- Why he started Jiga
- Why manufacturers should treat suppliers like partners
- Why digital transformation doesn’t need to be complex
- The simple secrets of remote working success
- The biggest pro for remote work
- jiga.io, centralized automated manufacturing sourcing
- Design to Product, a podcast hosting hardware manufacturing professionals, founders and engineers who talk about the stories behind their products
Connect with Adar and Jiga