We’ve got a bit of a different Manufacturing Happy Hour episode this time – it’s our first long-form episode at a trade show. Joined by co-host Jake Hall, The Manufacturing Millennial, we recorded this at the 2022 The Vision Show AMR & Logistics Conference in Boston.
Our guest is Malachi Greb, Owner of Elite Automation – a frequent trade show attendee with the goal of leading the “biggest automation company in the world.” An ambitious target, no doubt, but Malachi knows exactly how he’s going to achieve it.
We talk about how Malachi first got into the automation space, his guerrilla marketing tactics, why he’s on a hiring kick, and what it was like venturing into his first international project. We cover a lot of ground with some great actionable tips, especially around trade shows, so don’t miss it!
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- When sharing content, it should be valuable to your audience first, promotional second.
- Growing up around tech is a big advantage for young manufacturing entrepreneurs – and that trend will only continue as the next generation of digital natives enters the industry.
- Having a booth at a trade show can be incredibly expensive, but you can potentially get as much value by simply attending and networking.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Where a business is successful is when it adds value to another company or individuals.”
- “Why are people spending $10,000-$20,000 on a booth when you can send 10 employees, spend a quarter the amount of money and have them just run around?”
- “We probably do at least five interviews a week, every single week, no matter if we’re hiring or not. And we’re doing that because we’re building a backlog of individuals.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
A3 is the leading global automation trade association of the robotics, machine vision, motion control, and AI industries. Their events are some of the best places to get connected in the industry. Make sure to check out their marquee event Automate taking place in Detroit, MI May 22-25, 2023. Head to AutomateShow.com to register for free today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Malachi
- How Malachi first got started in automation
- How Elite Automation is creating growth
- Why Elite Automation is on a hiring kick
- Why guerrilla marketing strategies are the way to go
- Why companies should always aim to add value in marketing
- Elite Automation’s winning business strategy
- What the manufacturing industry is like in the Midwest
- What it was like leading Elite Automation’s first international project in India
- How Malachi plans to run the biggest automation company in the world
- The advantages of being young in this industry
- Elite Automation, a robotics and automation solutions company specializing in robotic weld cells, palletizing, material handling, and AMR deployment
- The Manufacturing Come Up, an industry interview podcast hosted by Elite Automation
- Bud’s Rockin’ Country Bar & Grill, a Nashville-inspired bar located on Franklin Street in Evansville, IN in the former location of a Harley-Davidson dealership