While the metaverse is a relatively new concept for most of us, this week’s guest has worked in this space for some time.
Our guest today is emergent technologist and GatherVerse founder, Christopher Lafayette.
Tune in to hear about Christopher’s background, his take on the metaverse’s role in manufacturing and MedTech, and the importance of inclusion and diversity in tech. Christopher also covers the skepticism towards the metaverse and the reasons behind it. It’s a meaty one, so be ready to immerse yourself in a metaverse masterclass.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- There is a real opportunity right now for the metaverse to help tech become more inclusive.
- It’s okay to be a skeptic, but if you look at the history of the metaverse, this concept has been evolving for decades.
- The metaverse is evolving quicker than you might expect and don’t be surprised by the leaps and bounds it could take in the next 2 to 3 years.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “When we think of the metaverse, we ingress into entertainment. But medical technology has the single biggest global impact.”
- “It’s important for (tech) leadership to get good-sourced information from people who actually know what they’re talking about.”
- “The metaverse is here, but as we know it today. We can’t put in concrete terms that “this is what it is” because we don’t completely know what it’s going to be.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Looking for an event that’s the epicenter of robotics and smart manufacturing technology? Look no further than ATX West. Manufacturing Happy Hour is proud to partner with the West Coast’s premier automation show for the 2nd year running. February 7-9, 2023 in Anaheim, CA. Register today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Christopher Lafayette
- What an emergent technologist does
- Why the metaverse is a game changer for manufacturing
- How MedTech could change in the metaverse
- Why people are right to be skeptical of tech advancements
- The right way to bring manufacturing into the conversation
- About awareness and education surrounding the metaverse
- Whether we should care about the metaverse
- About the metaverse and diversity/inclusion
- How to approach skeptics
- About Christopher’s LinkedIn Learning class
- Official Website – Christopher Lafayette, connect with Christopher on areas of expertise, events, press, and speaking categories across the metverse, NFTs, tech inclusion, MedTech, and removing barriers to innovation
- GatherVerse, a global ecosystem where communities gather, discuss, and share human-centered approaches to the metaverse
- Black Technology Mentorship Program, a mentor-mentee program that inspires, educates, and brings underserved Black communities into technology
- Course – What is the Metaverse? Christopher’s official course on the metaverse on LinkedIn Learning
Connect with Christopher Lafayette