We cover a whole lot of ground in this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour – from Industry 4.0 to innovation in industrial sectors, IIoT, connectivity, machine learning, proof of concepts, and everything in between.
Joining this episode is Igor Marinelli, Founder of TRACTIAN, who has plenty of insights, perspectives, and advice to share on condition monitoring and more. Igor details his background from being a frontline worker to where he is today and explains what prompted him to start TRACTIAN.
We hear why he has huge respect for frontline maintenance workers, why he thinks innovation for innovation’s sake isn’t the way forward, and his advice on integrating new systems into old practices.
Apple | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Younger generations of industrial professionals shouldn’t be so quick to make big, sweeping changes. It’s not always about reinventing the wheel. Igor’s advice is to work on these ideas separately, prove they work, and then try to integrate them.
- Innovation for innovation’s sake is not what we should be aiming for. Instead, Igor suggests being laser-focused on real problems before starting with a solution.
- If you want to see innovation in your team, you need to give them the freedom to test things out.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Be very technical and show real data and experiments of how you could improve what you’re doing.”
- “It’s important that you consider that you might not know everything, and even though you’ve been doing this process for 25 years, there might be something that could be done better. So you just have to be open to that.”
- “You need to tackle the problem, understand the problem, and then think about a solution for that. Because if you start from the solution, this is not going to work, right?”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
A3 is the leading global automation trade association of the robotics, machine vision, motion control, and AI industries. Their events are some of the best places to get connected in the industry. Make sure to check out their marquee event Automate taking place in Detroit, MI May 22-25, 2023. Head to AutomateShow.com to register for free today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Igor
- What TRACTIAN does
- How Igor’s background led him to start his company
- Advice for younger and older industrial professionals
- Why you need to start with the problem, not the solution
- The problem with how Industry 4.0 is portrayed
- Why industrial sectors are ready to be disrupted
- Igor’s thoughts on machine learning
- The challenges of integrating new systems
- TRACTIAN, an end-to-end condition monitoring and asset management solution
- The Nook, a popular neighborhood bar with park views in Atlanta, GA
Connect with Igor and TRACTIAN