Ready for a masterclass in modern automotive manufacturing? Buckle up!
On this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we are joined by Vicki Poponi, Vice President – Industry Advisor, Automotive at Salesforce.
She discusses her route into the industry and provides a glimpse at the world of software-enabled vehicles.
Plus, she explains what the connected car means for consumers, why the customer is at the center of everything and delves into Salesforce’s Trends in Automotive Report – linked below.
Apple | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Customer experience is central to manufacturing
- People shouldn’t be afraid of technology
- Manufacturing is a great foundation for your career
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “It’s human nature to be afraid of something new.”
- “There’s so much data in the auto industry, it’s crazy. But you have think about how to connect the data. That’s where technology is so wonderful.”
- “Future customers really want to be engaged.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Reuters Events: Supply Chain USA 2023 is taking place May 17 and 18 in Chicago, IL and because you’re a listener of this podcast, you can get $350 off your price of registration. Make sure to listen to the podcast to get your discount code. Supply Chain USA is bringing together the END-TO-END supply chain to share new best-practices and strategies so that you can turn supply chain from a cost-center to a value generator. This is your chance to be 1 of over 900 executives across manufacturing that are shaping the future of supply chain operations. Register today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Vicki
- Vicki’s first steps in the industry
- Why people are afraid of new technologies
- Vicki’s transition into the automotive world
- How her manufacturing roots help in business
- What she’s learned in her current role at Salesforce
- The importance of customer centricity
- Behind the scenes of Vicki’s role
- The progress being made around digital customer experience
- What automotive manufacturers need to learn in the coming months/years
- Trends in Automotive Report, Salesforce’s report providing insights from 500 industry leaders on what’s transforming the customer experience and driving profitable growth in the auto industry
- Automotive Cloud by Salesforce, an out-of-the-box automotive CRM, built on Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
Connect with Vicki