Additive manufacturing won’t solve your problems but, as our guest explains, it can make life easier.
We’re back to our traditional format at Manufacturing Happy Hour and on this episode, we are joined by Lisa D. Block, Chief Revenue Officer at Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies.
Lisa explains her path into the industry, shares her experiences and busts some myths around additive manufacturing.
Plus, she shares how we can create workspaces where people thrive, with tips on personal development, talent acquisition and diversity, equity and inclusion.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Additive manufacturing isn’t perfect and won’t solve all your problems – but it can help you.
- It’s crucial to focus on personal development in all corners of your company.
- It’s time to start showing how much diversity, equity and inclusion means to you.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “I believe that character is born in personal development.”
- “[Additive manufacturing] is meant to make jobs easier and more efficient so the company can 10x their production.”
- “People say ‘we’ve gotta get diversity, equity, inclusion experts. We’ve gotta do this, we’ve gotta do that’. There’s a whole lot of ‘we’ve gotta’ and very little ‘we’ve done’.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
EPLAN provides software and service solutions in the fields of electrical engineering, automation, and mechatronics engineering. They’ve developed one of the world’s leading design software solutions for machine, plant, and panel builders, providing data-driven panel design capabilities to manufacturers. Click here to listen to our full interview with EPLAN’s International Solutions Architect Sean Mulherrin.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Lisa
- How Lisa entered the world of additive manufacturing
- The biggest misnomers around additive
- The importance of personal development
- Different families within additive
- Her top tips for talent acquisition
- Take-home moments from Lisa’s talks
- Why companies need to refocus on training new starters
- How to create workplaces where people can work at their best
- Why it’s time for a fresh perspective on diversity
- Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies, pioneering the combination of 3D printing and machining
- 7 Families of Additive Manufacturing, click here for a PDF detailing the 7 families of additive manufacturing