More and more voices are being heard as the manufacturing community grows online. And while this can only be a good thing, it does make it tougher for individuals to be heard above the noise.
In this episode, we welcomed James Soto, CEO of Industrial Strength Marketing, to talk about his tactics for getting his message across and building trust in the community.
James explains why storytelling is so important, how different types of “noise” can hold manufacturers back, and why you need to fully understand channels to get the most out of them. He also shares his tips for succeeding with video content and discusses other ways to break through the noise online.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Storytelling can help to forge connections in the manufacturing community and build trust.
- Talking about manufacturing doesn’t have to be boring. James is a strong believer that content needs to be entertaining as well as informative.
- Another type of noise in the industry is compliance noise – this is what you have to pay attention to in order to remain compliant. Sometimes that means your content has to “scrape the guardrails,” says James.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “If you can be yourself and really get good at it, that’s what people relate to, you know? Just be you.”
- “I believe a lot in channel mastery. There’s real science around both the structure of what you’re creating and how you format it.”
- “Fighting for the audience is so important because if they get what they want, your creative juices are flowing.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
TRACTIAN is the all-in-one industrial workspace designed to make maintenance more streamlined, reliable and profitable. TRACTIAN’s solution integrates condition monitoring IoT sensors and an asset management software to create the most complete maintenance ecosystem on the market. Hear our full interview with their Founder Igor Marinelli.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with James
- The early days of James’ career
- The marketing problem in manufacturing
- What trust in storytelling looks like
- Why you should leverage the power of stories
- The different types of noise in the industry
- Why you need to “scrape the guardrails”
- How to capture audience attention without video
- Industrial Strength Marketing, a full-service B2B industrial marketing agency, offering digital marketing solutions from web design to advertising
- Rolf And Daughters, an industrial-chic restaurant with clever New American dishes, communal tables & inventive cocktails in Nashville, TN
- Monday Night Brewing, a relaxed brewhouse offering craft beer, cocktails & snacks, including hummus & cheese platters
- Bearded Iris Brewing, a taproom serving rotating, old-world style beer infused with Southern flavors in comfy digs…also Chris’ favorite brewery in Nashville
- The 5 Spot, an East Nashville neighborhood music venue with snacks & a full bar served in a relaxed hangout that hosts live bands & weekly dance parties
- The Basement East, a casual hangout for live music by nationally touring acts where you might run into Jack White
- Old Glory, a subterranean bar in Nashville, TN offering elevated cocktails served in a historic boiler room with iron & concrete