Curiosity is at the heart of this guest’s leadership style, and it manifests in the projects he is involved in.
But what does it mean to “let curiosity lead”? And how can manufacturing leaders take this advice on board?
Joining this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour is Walker Mattox, CEO of Gray Solutions, one of the top 20 largest full-service systems integrators in the U.S. He shares why curiosity shapes how he manages his team and explains why leadership is a journey, not a destination.
It’s important to remember, the leaders you look up to are still working on themselves.
Hear his advice on rebrands, workplace challenges, innovation and so much more in this jam-packed episode.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Leadership is a journey, not a destination.
- We should embrace innovation, not fear it.
- The best way to mitigate the risk of leveraging new technology is to test, test, test. Find the point where you feel like you’ve tested too much, but also not enough.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Curiosity leads to a lot of interesting ideas.”
- “The most important thing is to like what you do every day. Follow the path that feels right.”
- “If you’re not staying on top of things and innovating, your competitor is.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
EPLAN provides software and service solutions in the fields of electrical engineering, automation, and mechatronics engineering. They’ve developed one of the world’s leading design software solutions for machine, plant, and panel builders, providing data-driven panel design capabilities to manufacturers. Click here to listen to our full interview with EPLAN’s International Solutions Architect Sean Mulherrin.
What We Discuss with Walker Mattox
- How Walker founded Gray Solutions
- What it means to be a recovering serial entrepreneur
- How Walker helped Gray become one of the top 20 largest systems integrators
- Why leadership is a journey, not a destination
- The top workplace challenges in 2023
- How curiosity manifests itself in Walker’s projects
- Why you should embrace, not fear, innovation
- How to know when it’s time to adjust your story
- Gray Solutions, a full-service automation, operations, and information systems integrator serving customers at any stage in their journey serving a range of industries including food & beverage, CPG, chemical, and more
- Kaluz Restaurant, an upscale New American restaurant and bar with three locations in Florida, serving premium food, desserts, wine and cocktails