Kristin Russum is a Director of Human Capital Services at TriNet. Having spent almost 2 decades as an HR leader across a number of companies, at TriNet, she’s now helping small and medium size businesses implement full-service HR solutions tailored by industry.
In this episode, Kristin takes us through her journey in the HR world and shares some of her best HR tips that every manufacturing leader should keep in mind. From succession planning to creating workplaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive, Kristin makes it clear that creating a people-centric organization doesn’t just stop and start at the HR department.
TriNet is a professional employer organization that provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. To free SMBs from HR complexities, TriNet offers access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.
- “We’re in the business of risk mitigation.” –Kristin Russum
- “Employees don’t leave their companies…they leave their managers.” –Kristin Russum
- “How would I describe my role over a glass of wine? To be quite candid, I would say the often I’m an underpaid therapist.” –Kristin Russum
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- TriNet Manufacturing Industry Page, learn more about TriNet’s tailored HR solutions for manufacturing companies here
- 4 Disciplines of Execution, a Franklin Covey book by Chris McChesney on achieving wildly important goals
- Black Cat Vineyard, a Napa Valley winery with handcrafted wines that are rich with fruit yet show classic refinement