Jake Hall is a believer that the future of manufacturing is in the hands of millennials. By day he’s a Business Development Manager at Feyen Zylstra, but most people know him as “The Manufacturing Millennial.” Through conversations and online manufacturing videos that he releases on a constant basis, he’s doing his part to highlight the excitement behind automation and high-tech manufacturing.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we talk to Jake about how he built such a strong personal brand and his thoughts on the future of manufacturing. Jake discusses the increasing need for millennials in manufacturing and how they can bring some much-needed innovation into the industry. Jake also shares how he balances his day job with The Manufacturing Millennial brand and his top LinkedIn networking tips.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- The best way to drive innovation in manufacturing is to hire innovative people – and millennials are some of the most innovative people out there.
- One of the top mistakes people make on social media is to focus too much on selling when they should be focusing on solutions and building connections.
- With an increasingly aging workforce, the manufacturing industry needs to do more to attract younger talent and embrace new technology.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Stop selling your product, start solving problems…If you solve the problems, selling is easy.” – Jake Hall
- “Millennials are some of the most innovative people out there.” – Jake Hall
- “The manufacturing workforce is aging, and as people in skilled trades are retiring, there are huge gaps out there for new electricians and programmers.” – Jake Hall
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
GenAlpha equips manufacturers, distributors, and dealers with the products and services they need to accelerate profits online. If you are an equipment manufacturer or distributor and your customers struggle to identify the right parts for the job, GenAlpha can help. You can learn all about GenAlpha on Episode 34.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Jake
- We discuss how Jake got started with The Manufacturing Millennial
- How Jake creates engaging content on LinkedIn to build a recognizable brand
- Why more big brands aren’t taking advantage of repurposing manufacturing processes and creating engaging content
- The power of LinkedIn for anyone in the manufacturing industry and why Jake views LinkedIn as a social networking site for professionals
- How networking has benefited Jake and his personal brand
- The core reason why Jake pursued manufacturing
- Jake shares his thoughts on the best paths younger people can take in manufacturing
- Why the manufacturing industry needs millennials and their innovations
- How to find time to build a personal brand
- The Manufacturing Millennial, a solution to help manufacturing companies learn more about new tech, automation, and Industry 4.0.
- Feyen Zylstra, a team of highly skilled thinkers who help electrical and tech industries with innovative solutions.
- Titans of CNC, one of Jake’s favorite LinkedIn accounts to check out.
Connect with Jake and Feyen Zylstra on LinkedIn