Gavin Collier is an attorney turned serial entrepreneur. After cutting his teeth as an attorney and cofounding multiple companies, he’s now focused on his latest venture as the CEO of Dynamic Blending, a global cosmetic manufacturing company. Dynamic Blending was just ranked #17 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing private companies in 2020.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we discuss Gavin’s varied career journey from law to contract manufacturing. We look at the reasons behind Dynamic Blending’s impressive growth and Gavin’s focus on people at the heart of the business. Gavin says that people are the secret to success and highlights the importance of keeping great customers happy and building a reliable team. We round off our talk with Gavin’s tips for turning ideas into real successes.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- When it comes to building a successful manufacturing business, the products need to speak for themselves.
- While great products are essential for manufacturing businesses, don’t overlook the importance of people. Keep customers happy and build a great team that shares ideas.
- If you really believe in an idea, you need to do what it takes and take risks to turn it into a success.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “The products speak for themselves…If you have a great product, people will buy it.”
- “We’ve been looking for ways to solve our customer’s problems, and that has made us a more attractive business to do business with.”
- “You’ve got to put your money where your mouth is. If you really believe in something, you’ve got to risk a lot to get it.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Gavin
- How Gavin made the leap from a law background to contract manufacturing
- How success in cosmetics is about more than the product. It’s also down to the packaging and marketing
- How important great products are to creating a successful manufacturing business
- The reasons behind Dynamic Blending’s crazy-high growth in 2020
- Why keeping customers happy is Gavin’s number one focus
- The importance of having a great team that shares ideas freely
- How to push through challenges and get where you want to go with your business.
- Dynamic Blending, a contract manufacturing company based in Utah that specializes in cosmetics.