If you’re familiar with the term “digital twin” in manufacturing, maybe it’s time to start thinking of blogs, videos, and social media content as the digital twin of your sales force. Greg Mischio is the Owner & Founder of Winbound, a marketing agency that provides content marketing for small marketing departments with a focus on manufacturing and industrial verticals. He also knows a thing or two about good beer in Madison, WI (which is definitely a plus).
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we sit down with Greg to chat about all things content marketing. We look at how you can create real results with great content by understanding why customers buy. Greg shares the common mistakes people make with content marketing, why the written word is still critical, and how you can build a presence through referrals. We round off our talk on the best ways to get started with content marketing.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- One of the top mistakes in content marketing is focusing only on the tactics, tricks, and algorithms while forgetting to focus on the real people consuming that content. Always put people first!
- Understanding what makes people buy is key to creating content that resonates. Think about how your content can get customers to “know, like, and trust you.”
- Those new to content marketing should focus on what they’re awesome at. Rather than trying to do everything, focus on that one medium you can blow people away with.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Sales start with great content.”
- “What are you awesome at? If you’re a small marketing team, focus on that and then bring in help around you because it’s hard to do it on your own.”
- “If you’re servicing people and you’ve got something of value, they’re probably going to keep you around.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
GenAlpha equips manufacturers, distributors, and dealers with the products and services they need to accelerate profits online. If you are an equipment manufacturer or distributor and your customers struggle to identify the right parts for the job, GenAlpha can help. You can learn all about GenAlpha on Episode 34.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Greg
- What a “digital twin” is in the context of sales and content marketing (not in the manufacturing definition)
- The importance of bringing value and getting real results
- The number one mistake people make in content marketing
- Why the written word is still critical in sales and marketing
- How to use a content as a digital twin of your sales team in manufacturing
- Why referrals are so important to building an online presence
- The best way to get started in content marketing
- Winbound, a marketing agency that creates content that’s mapped to the customer journey and marketing for distribution via search, social, and niche-based paid advertising. Winbound’s clients have enjoyed double and triple-digit increases in traffic and leads.
- Vintage Brewing Company, house-made craft beer and food with multiple locations in the Madison, WI area
- ALT Brew, a Madison, WI-based brewery that makes gluten-free beer taste good
- Café Hollander, a restaurant with excellent Belgian beers with locations in Milwaukee and Madison