Craig Francisco is back on the podcast! And this time, he’s here to get technical…
Craig Francisco is the President at RōBEX, a new automation company that works with food, glass, and tissue industries. He’s previously spoken with us about digital marketing, but now it’s time to dive deep into the world of automation and robots.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, Craig shares the top 3 automation trends he and his team at RōBEX are most excited about in 2021. From autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) to leveraging new business models like their FLEXX Machine-as-a-Service program, we get into the details on this one. Craig also shares pragmatic advice on how to get customers comfortable with new technology and how to build a company culture that allows you to stay on the cutting edge.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Many people believe they can self-integrate collaborative robots, but this sounds easier than it is. The best thing to do is get an integrator to help.
- A great way to bring value in manufacturing is to host onsite demos to get customers a chance to interact with the technology.
- Choosing staff who are a great culture fit is one of the most important parts of building a complex business like RōBEX.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Never sacrifice company culture for revenue.” – Craig Francisco
- “What can we do to bring value to our customers without having them extend their funds?” – Craig Francisco
- “Engage the right person, that’s going to help you understand if something’s going to work for you.” – Craig Francisco
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
GenAlpha equips manufacturers, distributors, and dealers with the products and services they need to accelerate profits online. If you are an equipment manufacturer or distributor and your customers struggle to identify the right parts for the job, GenAlpha can help. You can learn all about GenAlpha on Episode 34.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Craig
- How to prioritize which technologies to focus on
- How to get customers comfortable with new technology
- What Craig is most excited about in the automation world
- The top three automation trends
- What it takes to create a great company culture
- RōBEX LLC, an industrial robotics and industrial automation company with uncommon experience & expertise
- MiR, a popular brand of autonomous mobile robots (AMRs)
- The Automation Solution Podcast, Craig’s podcast covering innovative, value-added, smart technology solutions that automate and optimize manufacturing processes
- FLEXX, RoBEX’s Machine-as-a-Service program