Andrew Crowe might just be the most important person in manufacturing right now. He’s a teacher, brand energizer, and a strong proponent for diversity in manufacturing, but that’s just scratching the surface.
After discovering the promise and potential of manufacturing after college, he created the Elevate Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies. Elevate is a program that brings together companies, educators, and the next generation of aspiring youth to fill critical manufacturing jobs and lead the new American manufacturing renaissance.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, Andrew shares his story and how he finally found his passion in manufacturing. He discusses why manufacturing is such a great career for young people in terms of salary, training, and progression. He also shares how he teaches and inspires the next generation of manufacturing industry leaders.
Apple | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Manufacturing is a great career option for those who would rather not go to college and end up in debt. There are many routes into the industry and a college degree isn’t necessary.
- Manufacturing is one of the few careers with a combination of decent pay and a low barrier to entry.
- Companies are increasingly looking to improve diversity in manufacturing, but they need help when it comes to staff retention, which is where Andrew and Elevate come in.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “We’re moving from a skilled trade to a smart trade.”
- “Industry 4.0 is on the way right now.”
- “All hope is not lost. American manufacturing is coming back.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
TriNet provides small and medium-sized businesses with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. They offer access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk and compliance, payroll, and real-time technology. If your business needs an HR partner, then make sure to check out TriNet on Episode 35 of the podcast.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Andrew
- How Andrew’s background influenced his decision to go to college and pursue a career
- How Andrew first discovered his passion for manufacturing
- Elevate’s mission to inspire the next generation of manufacturing industry leaders
- Diversity and inclusion in the manufacturing industry
- How Andrew works with individuals and companies to get people into manufacturing
- Elevate Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, website coming soon…
- Ranken Technical College, the leading Missouri technical college
- Andrew Crowe on MakingChips, another fantastic manufacturing podcast where you can hear more about Andrew’s story
- Earthbound Beer, a local St. Louis craft brewery on historic Cherokee Street
- Saint Louis Hop Shop, a retail craft beer store located in the Cherokee Street Business District of St. Louis, MO
- Black is Beautiful, a collaborative beer industry effort to raise awareness for the injustices people of color face daily
Please contact the President of our company Fred Baumann