Meaghan Ziemba is THE Maven of Manufacturing! As a writer by trade, she developed an early passion for storytelling and is now empowering women to change the world through manufacturing via her podcast Mavens of Manufacturing.
In this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, Meaghan discusses the role of good storytelling in the manufacturing industry and why many leaders overlook it. She shares the story behind starting her podcast and how she overcame her fears and did it anyway.
Meaghan explores the problem of the gender gap in manufacturing and the reasons behind it. She believes that a lack of awareness of manufacturing and its different career paths is a huge barrier to a diverse workforce.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Manufacturing can be very old-school when it comes to marketing and brand storytelling. But this is key to connecting with customers.
- Many people are afraid to get started on something new, whether it’s writing a book, launching a podcast, or trying a new career. The key thing to remember is that you don’t have to get it right first time.
- One barrier to diversity in manufacturing is a lack of education and awareness of what this industry is about. Introducing manufacturing to young people is a great way to solve this.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Good storytelling is what gets people to have conversations and to exchange information with each other. It also helps build those trusting relationships that are so important for companies.”
- “LinkedIn is the greatest hub for manufacturers out there. Because everyone is on it right now.”
- “You really have to be authentic and transparent and really mesh well with who your customer base is.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Meaghan
- How Meaghan’s background in writing and storytelling led her to where she is now
- Why Meaghan launched the Mavens of Manufacturing podcast
- The crucial lesson Meaghan learned when she was nervous about starting a podcast
- Why boosting interest and diversity in manufacturing begins with school kids
- Why diversity isn’t just fair, it’s beneficial to everyone
- What lessons Meaghan learned from being a parent
- Meaghan’s tips for industry leaders who want to boost diversity
- Mavens of Manufacturing, Meaghan Ziemba’s live video series that celebrates women in manufacturing, from the shop floor to the c-suite
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When the Stakes are High, by Kerry Patterson
- City Museum, a museum whose exhibits consist largely of repurposed architectural and industrial objects, housed in the former International Shoe building in the Washington Avenue Loft District of St. Louis, MO…in other words, it’s basically the world’s largest adult playground
- The Gunn Show, MTDCNC’s manufacturing industry podcast hosted by Tony Gunn
- Pig Minds Brewing, a craft brewery in Machesney Park, IL specializing in vegan takes on traditional
Connect with Meaghan