Mike Kinder is the Co-Founder & CEO of Veryable and has an exceptional track record in the industrial manufacturing and supply chain operations world. He’s been building teams, solving complex problems, and driving growth within companies for over 20 years. Now, he’s taking on what is one of the most complex problems in manufacturing: finding the right talent to fill roles in manufacturing environments where production demands are constantly changing.
In this episode, we discuss where Veryable is now, where it’s heading, and how it expanded during the pandemic. Mike shares his opinion on why the pandemic exaggerated a growing problem and how Veryable is helping to solve it.
Mike shares his tips for others looking to become an entrepreneur in manufacturing, why Operations is a vital yet overlooked area, and how to act more like a start-up. We round the interview off with some leadership tips inspired by Ron Swanson, and Mike shares what he believes the key to innovation in manufacturing is.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- One of the best things you can do as an entrepreneur is find the right co-founder with skills that complement your own.
- You may succeed or fail as an entrepreneur (maybe both at some point), but you should always do so on your own terms and be true to yourself.
- You can’t have true innovation in manufacturing without a strong vision first.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “You got to stay true to yourself, even if that means following your intuition.”
- “Succeed and fail on your own terms.”
- “The key to manufacturing innovation, in my opinion, and Veryable is based on this. It starts with establishing a vision.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Concept Systems Inc. is an independent systems integrator and your automation solution partner for anything from antiquated control system retrofits to greenfield controls coordination and project management. Learn more about them on Episode 7 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Mike
- How Veryable helps to solve the labor shortage problem in manufacturing
- How the company managed to expand over the pandemic
- Mike’s top tips for someone thinking of becoming an entrepreneur in the space
- The trends and challenges facing manufacturing
- Why you should play offense and act like a start-up
- Leadership lessons we can take from Ron Swanson
- Why you need to succeed and fail on your own terms
- Why the key to innovation is a strong vision
- Veryable, an on-demand platform that helps to fix the labor shortage problem in manufacturing
- Billy Bob’s Texas, the world’s largest dance hall featuring country music, classic rock, and bull-riding, located in Ft. Worth, TX
Connect with Mike and Veryable