Our guest this week is Jose Palomino, the CEO of Value Prop. Jose works with B2B business owners to unlock new growth by helping them ensure their value proposition actually aligns with the biggest challenge their ideal customers are facing and making sure there’s a sales process and delivery to support that. He’s also the author of a book also called Value Prop, host of the podcast Business Growth on Purpose, and teaches MBA courses at Villanova focused on Management and Entrepreneurial Marketing.
In this episode, Jose discusses the importance of creating a value proposition, especially for companies in the sub $10 million range. He also highlights the top mistakes manufacturing leaders make with their marketing strategy and why you should hone in on value creation.
Jose explains various ways industry leaders can capitalize on their marginal advantage. He also touches on what’s wrong with the way most businesses approach trade fairs and throws in a few practical ways to get the most out of them.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- If you’re a $10-15 million dollar company, you can’t be a low-cost provider.
- Manufacturers often don’t capitalize on the one thing they’re doing best.
- Purchasing has radically changed in business in the last ten years, and it’s accelerating with the buyers in the driver’s seat.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “If your business is more than 40% concentrated on one account, it’s time to think about diversifying that account and delivering more value.”
- “Fix the number one customer complaint, the stuff that vexes customers.”
- “At tradeshows, don’t just expect the booth to do the work for you, you have to do your homework.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Looking for the premier cross-industry manufacturing show? Look no further than IME West. One of Informa Markets’ main events, this is the place in our industry where buyers and sellers can connect. Register today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Jose
- Jose’s transition from back-office accounting to marketing
- Why overly customer-concentrated marketing is risky for businesses
- Why it’s important to find out who your best customer is
- How industry leaders can discover their value proposition
- Why you should take a look at your sales process
- How an overemphasis on technical knowledge can kill sales
- How to approach tradeshows from a value standpoint
- The role of value in the workplace
- ValueProp.com, a strategy consultancy focused on helping B2B business owners grow their revenue
- Value Prop, by Jose Palomino, Jose’s book on how to build razor-sharp marketing messages
- Business Growth on Purpose, a podcast for B2B owners who are hungry for growth
- Teikoku, a Japanese and Thai cuisine place in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Connect with Jose and Value Prop