If you can’t tell from the title, there’s a lot of variety in this week’s episode. Michael Wrinch is the President and CEO of Hedgehog Technologies, an engineering consulting firm based in British Columbia that specializes in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and risk management. From rides and attractions to projects that impact sustainability, Hedgehog’s motto is fitting: “We make complex visions a practical reality.”
In this episode, Mike gives a little background on why his company is called Hedgehog Technologies and where his interest in electrical engineering stems from. He explains his people-first approach to business and why that’s so important when creating infrastructure.
Mike also takes us through some of the complex projects he’s worked on. We round things up by getting a glimpse at some of the other interesting experiences he’s had. Spoiler alert: It’s everything from chimney cleaning to cheesemaking.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Consulting is really a people-first business.
- Diversity is key for the future success of any company.
- Tackling more complex jobs gears you up for bigger challenges.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Unless you have a real good understanding of how people are working within the infrastructure of this world, you can’t design great things.”
- “Different perspectives create insights into designs that we’re working on, that really matter.”
- “If you want a high-performing team, you need to trust each other, be accountable, and be hardworking.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
Looking for the premier cross-industry manufacturing show? Look no further than IME West. One of Informa Markets’ main events, this is the place in our industry where buyers and sellers can connect. Register today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Mike
- How Mike came up with the name Hedgehog Technologies for his company
- The importance of trust and accountability in teamwork
- What inspired Mike to transition from firefighting to engineering
- Mike explains his company’s core value
- How diversity fuels innovation
- Why Mike picks hard projects
- The trick to working with high-risk machines
- Mike’s experience as a fish factory worker and a cheesemaker
- Hedgehog Technologies, an engineering consulting firm based in British Columbia that specializes in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and risk management
- Ontario’s most northern First Nation goes green with their first solar project, an article on one of Hedgehog’s most significant sustainability and community-focused projects
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Michael Wrinch
- Weekend Warrior: Michael Wrinch has a taste for danger, a 2019 article about Michael from BC Business
Connect with Mike and Hedgehog Technologies