Sharad Chadha is the CEO of Sprecher Brewing Company, and through hard work, risk-taking and out-of-the-box thinking, he’s living the American dream. Originally an engineering major, Sharad topped that with an MBA and used his skill and business acumen to rise through the ranks at renowned companies like GE Healthcare, Electrolux and Samsung. Now he’s pouring all his business acumen into running Sprecher, Wisconsin’s first craft brewery.
In this episode, Sharad gives us some insights into his diverse career and how it prepared him for his role as the CEO of Sprecher. He discusses some of the highs and lows of running a company as opposed to working for someone else.
Sharad also shares a few tips for manufacturing leaders, especially when it comes to decision-making. He talks about what makes Sprecher stand out and some of the plans he has for the future.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- The beer space is extremely crowded, especially craft beer.
- Craft soda is where craft beer was 10 years ago
- Cans are getting harder to find, but the industry is moving in that direction.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Challenging experiences teach you resilience and how to look at things from a different angle — and as long as you have that attitude, you can make it through anything.”
- “Working in a big company is great, but it’s not as satisfying as working in a small company where when you do something, you can see the fruits of your labor.”
- “Running a plant is completely different from knowing about a plant or working with a plant to get your product.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Audible is the world’s largest library of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment. Get a FREE audiobook when you sign up at audibletrial.com/happyhourpod.
Concept Systems Inc. is an independent systems integrator and your automation solution partner for anything from antiquated control system retrofits to greenfield controls coordination and project management. Learn more about them on Episode 7 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Sharad
- What makes Sprecher special
- Sharad shares insights into his diverse career
- How Sharad’s numerous roles prepared him for Sprecher
- What inspired Sharad to buy a brewery
- What it’s like purchasing and running a company
- Why Sprecher produces sodas as opposed to spirits and hard seltzers
- Making decisions as a manufacturing leader
- Why Sprecher made the switch from beer bottles to cans
- Why looking at trends is vital before making big decisions
- How to manage and plan for big changes
- Sprecher’s progress during the pandemic
- The importance of hiring good leaders
- Sharad’s five-year vision for Sprecher
- Sprecher Brewing Company Wisconsin’s first craft brewery since prohibition, specializing in the production of beers, flavored malt beverages, and sodas.
- Green River Soda A classic Chicago soda developed over a century ago, presently brewed by Sprecher Brewing Company
Connect with Sharad