Willemijn Schneyder and her team are changing the game for post-sales support. Willemijn is the CEO and proud Founder of SwipeGuide, a next-generation instruction software that provides an intuitive way to create enhanced-reality work instructions.
So how is this creating a revolution? Well, you’re going to hear about that in this week’s show. Before venturing out into the world of entrepreneurship, Willemijn was in marketing, E-commerce, and, more recently, new product development. She was no stranger to matching organizations with technological solutions, and this paved the way for SwipeGuide.
In this episode, she gives a detailed overview of what SwipeGuide does and how it works. She also explains how it’s tapping into the previously overlooked knowledge of frontline workers. Willemijn touches on the topic of diversity and bias in the workplace and discusses why she believes crowdsourced solutions like SwipeGuide are the future of manufacturing.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Most companies find it tedious to prioritize creating quality instructions.
- We need to tap into the collective intelligence of frontline workers.
- Expectations of leadership today are far from inclusive.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Though frontline workers aren’t the ones that buy from us, they embrace us — so we serve them so they can adopt the solution, create the content and get the results.”
- “There’s much more recognition of the expertise that frontline workers have in the industry and the vital importance of their skill sets than ever before.”
- “A lot of what’s wrong with technologies today is they’ve been built by teams that aren’t diverse.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing everyday? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
SteamChain.io is the Machine-as-a-Service solution provider helping both End-Users and OEMs collaborate, drive revenue, and grow together. Learn more about them on Episode 5 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Audible is the world’s largest library of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment. Get a FREE audiobook when you sign up at audibletrial.com/happyhourpod.
Concept Systems Inc. is an independent systems integrator and your automation solution partner for anything from antiquated control system retrofits to greenfield controls coordination and project management. Learn more about them on Episode 7 of Manufacturing Happy Hour.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Willemijn
- What SwipeGuide does
- Insights into Willemijn’s career before SwipeGuide
- How Willemijn’s background in retail and consultancy prepared her for entrepreneurship
- SwipeGuide’s origin story
- How SwipeGuide evolved from a home user manual into an industrial manual
- A practical example of how SwipeGuide works
- The role of frontline workers in developing SwipeGuide’s scope
- How Willemijn leads a distributed team
- Willemijn’s take on inclusive leadership and tackling unconscious bias
- What lies in the future for SwipeGuide
- SwipeGuide, a collaborative, cloud-based work instruction platform that captures frontline knowledge to shape and enhance work processes in minutes
- Lagunitas Case Study, a video featuring how one of Heineken’s largest brands is leveraging SwipeGuide
- In Den Uiver, a whiskey bar in Haarlem, Netherlands
Connect with Willemijn and SwipeGuide