COVID-19 – better known as the Coronavirus – continues to spread and disrupt the global economy in the process. The manufacturing industry is not immune to its effects, especially as the virus’ origins and highest number of cases are in China, a country which plays a key role in almost every manufacturer’s supply chain.
So whether the Coronavirus is a pandemic or not, what can you as a manufacturing leader do to understand its effects on your business and, more importantly, what actions can you take to keep running and growing your business? In this timely bonus episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we’ll take a look at how the virus is impacting global supply chains and how leaders in operations, sales & marketing, and the C-suite can respond in turn.
This episode barely scratches the surface of an issue worth discussing further, so make sure to join the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn to join the conversation.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- Operations leaders must manage customer expectations and develop more diversified supply chain strategies for the future.
- As conferences get cancelled and face-to-face engagements get put on hold, Sales & Marketing leaders should use the decrease in customer face time to enhance their digital marketing and social media presence.
- CEOs and people managers must prioritize the health of their teams while still finding ways to establish team norms even when people are working remotely.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
Audible is the world’s largest library of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment. Get a FREE audiobook when you sign up at audibletrial.com/happyhourpod.
- The Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn
- “How Novel Coronavirus Could Change the Map on Global Manufacturing” by Gretchen Frazee, PBS News Hour
- MakingChips, a podcast for manufacturing leaders
- “COVID-19: An Update” by Brian Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- “Coronavirus Could Be The End Of China As A Global Manufacturing Hub” by Kenneth Rapoza, Forbes
- “In The Wake Of Coronavirus Here’s How To Lead Remote Employees” by Dan Pontefract, Forbes
- “Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis” by Martin Reeves, HBR