How can composite manufacturing help you level-up as a runner? This episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour reveals all.
Riley Reese, CEO and Co-Founder of ARRIS Composites, is on the show this week to talk about the power of composite manufacturing in footwear and its potential in industries such as aerospace, sports cars, skiing equipment, and many more.
As an avid runner himself, we break down some of the top spots in California to go training and his favorite and most memorable marathons.
He explains exactly how his products can impact a runner’s comfort, fatigue levels, and muscle health to get the most performance out of each and every run. We also explore a little about Riley’s startup experience and the biggest business lessons he’s learned in his career.
3 Quick Things from this Episode
- You don’t always need to reinvent the wheel. Innovate what you’re best at, but don’t forget to search for pre-existing solutions.
- Composite molding in running shoes help to improve energy return from running.
- Lots has to go into making a great product. There’s never a simple ‘push a button’ solution. There are dozens of steps and challenges and everything has to line up just right.
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Be really mindful when you’re taking on something new that someone else has not already done it in another industry.”
- “Everyone says this but running really does clear your head. It gives you headspace.”
- “We have this passion for the superiority of composite materials. We all had experience with them in different industries, but it’s always limited to the really high-end stuff. The products around us day to day aren’t taking advantage of it.”
Please Scroll Down for Recommended Resources from this Episode
Do you want to connect with other leaders that are moving the needle in manufacturing every day? Then make sure to join us in the Manufacturing Happy Hour Industry Community on LinkedIn.
A3 is the leading global automation trade association of the robotics, machine vision, motion control, and AI industries. Their events are some of the best places to get connected in the industry. Make sure to check out their marquee event Automate taking place in Detroit, MI May 22-25, 2023. Head to AutomateShow.com to register for free today.
Interested in generating leads through videos, podcasts, or other digital content? Then make sure to check out our 6 Strategies for Growing Your Manufacturing Business Using Social Media.
What We Discuss with Riley Reese
- The difference between ARRIS and Riley’s previous business ventures
- The biggest lessons Riley learned from his startups
- Why manufacturing is “messy”
- Why you don’t always need to reinvent the wheel
- The reasons Riley started ARRIS
- How composites improve running performance in shoes
- Riley’s top marathon runs and favorite trails
- The reaction and feedback to ARRIS’ composite plates, plus the top benefits of composite plates in running shoes
- How composites materials can be used in other industries
- What’s next for ARRIS Composites
- ARRIS Composites, Berkeley-based composites manufacturer that produces smarter, lighter, stronger, and more sustainable products at scale for consumer products, aerospace, automotive, and many more industries
- The Rare Barrel, a rustic alehouse in Berkeley that specializes in sour beers
Connect with Riley and ARRIS Composites